How could we improve Flow?

Assign colors to projects/groups

It would be great to get away from the starkness of blue and white. I would love to be able to customize my Groups and even projects by colors. On top of that, customization of task colors or even varied color flags (yellow, red, green) would be nice. I understand that the simplicity of Flow is one of it's differentiators, but every team works differently and sometimes having these customization tools would be highly beneficial.

125 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Beth shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jonathan commented  · 

This isn't just an aesthetic feature, it can greatly help in organization and function too. Please update on when this will happen.

• Braden commented  · 

Its always easier to see colors, rather than logos, little tiny avatars. So if your looking for a clean, easy program, color coding would be easier, and better for everyone. Too much white space, everything looks the same currently. Boring, and harder to use.

• Dave Watts commented  · 

Really like the look and feel of Flow, it has a great, clean, fresh look, which I enjoy using. I do agree that the OPTIONAL ability to assign colours would be a great addition. When implementing this please consider allowing colours to be selected using a full spectrum colour picker/wheel, so that users can customise projects etc how they wish, if they want bold colours or are visually impaired. Personally I would like the option to choose more subtle pastle colours and I'd like to be able to use colour enhancements but maintain the lovely fresh look of Flow.

Hope this helps
        All the best
        Dave

• Carolyn Trobaugh commented  · 

The projects spanning dates on the calendar are great. It would be nice to be able to manually color-code the projects yourself, so each user in the calendar can have a separate color for their individual projects.

• Jeannie commented  · 

I'll add to this conversation. This is another feature that I would need to see in order to really adopt this product over Basecamp. The color coding makes a visual calendar much easier to review and work with.

• Steve commented  · 

We're talking styling with CSS. A simple Less/Sass generator to convert the primary object colors to whatever is selected in a color picker.

• Christina Briones commented  · 

Our team has different clients with projects sometimes due from each on the same day. It would help so much to be able to assign a color so that we can easily separate each task on the calendar.

• Joey commented  · 

Hello - we really need some for of Red, Yellow, Green system OR something that marks a task is IN PROCESS. This is a feature that may or break our continual use of Flow. Let me know if there's any plan to have this!

Thanks

• Joseph Greene commented  · 

The ability to color code the calendar, individual tasks and tags would make this so much better. I too have a hard time looking at just plain text. I've only just started using Flow and I came here searching for a way to do this. I was sure I'd just missed it. This isn't an optional feature. It's expected.

• Paul Usher commented  · 

Hi, it would be really handy if a color (either small box or color the text), could be applied to groups. I use groups heavily to identify customers (then have projects under them), and with a large list that is not sorted (? hey there’s another idea, can we sort groups?), it is not productive to try and find the right group quickly.

• Meaghen commented  · 

Two ideas I have:
        1.) Adding an option of colour coding projects for when they are viewed in the calendar or by importance of the project
        2.) A desktop utility or website app similar to what is available on Smartphone

• Laurence commented  · 

Being able to associate a colour to a project would make the long list of projects down the left hand side of the screen look a bit less obtrusive.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Would like to be able to have a photo for each project and task, as well as color coding for projects and tasks.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I use Calendar View all the time for planning, but I find it hard to look at all of my various tasks in Calendar View. It gets confusing and overwhelming very quickly. It would be helpful if there was a way of color-coding each list, or something more obvious than just being bold text. If the list title, or whole task description, were on a colored background, it would help track each list within the bigger picture.

• Oona commented  · 

In month-view, tasks for whole team could be easily distinguishable.

Feedback and Knowledge Base