How could we improve Flow?

Duplicate tasks (so minor changes can be made)

We often need tasks with subtasks that are very similar with possibly only one part different but we have to create the entire task including all the subtasks from the beginning. Even with copy and pasting this is VERY unproductive. A simple "DUPLICATE TASK" option should be added so the tweaks can be made from the copy before saving.

182 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    welshred shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminMark Nichols (Admin, Flow) responded  · 

Happy to let you all know that we just released task duplication.

There are two ways to duplicate a task in Flow:

- In list view, simply hover over a task and click the new Duplicate Task button.
    - In list or kanban view, select a task and hit Shift + D to duplicate the selected task.

Hope this does this trick for everyone!

We built this because of the increasingly obvious demand for the feature—so please keep your feedback coming! It means everything to us.

39 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

I guess in UX wise would be awesome to have it in this menu as well. Check the Trello for example, they have listed all task related actions in a single menu. http://media.d.pr/MGEIr

• Daniel commented  · 

This would save us a ton of time, please develop it! Our last online project management platform did this and it was a great feature!

• Anonymous commented  · 

This would be a huge time saver. I currently spend the majority of my time manually duplicating tasks.

• Joe commented  · 

This is a must!

• Anonymous commented  · 

You can duplicate projects, so how about letting us duplicate tasks?

• Shawn Beatty commented  · 

With the new updates to subtasks, this seems like it would be even MORE valuable. Creating task templates (with subtasks) that could easily be reused. Ie "Website Launch Checklist" with subtasks like "Create Favicon" "Update Alt Tags" "Validation Check" etc... Thanks!!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Any timeline on ability to copy tasks? I have a 'template project' with all sorts of tasks that have subtasks. The for each new project I have to create duplicate 'project' of the 'template project' and then drag the needed task to the new client project. I then have to delete the 'duplicate template project' as some of the tasks are removed.

It would be nice to have my 'template project' and only duplicate or copy the needed task and assign it to a new project while leaving my 'template project' unfazed.

The current way is a lottttttttttt of clicccccccckkkkksssss..

Thanks, Chris

• Alan Thorp commented  · 

Any update on this feature? It is key to my workflow, and I really could do with this update ASAP.
        Cheers

• Anonymous commented  · 

I would like to duplicate a task!

• Warren Paré commented  · 

Hi there!

Sometimes I want to create a task similar to another one. I would like to copy the details of the existing task to a new task. Then i saved time editing, because I only edit a few details such as the due date or the project.

Think about it! ;-)

• Alex commented  · 

Much needed feature! I have task templates that I create that I'd like to be able to easily duplicate and fill and adjust.

• Amanda commented  · 

Would really appreciate a copy/paste or duplicate feature for tasks. Duplicating projects is definitely beneficial but each project has a different tasks and copying and pasting would solve this issue.

• Anonymous commented  · 

been thinking/wishing for this for a while, finally decided to google the option just in case i was missing a shortcut to it. please make!

• Daria Petrova commented  · 

Guys, when are you going to add this feature? I really need it :(

• Anonymous commented  · 

please create this feature!! it is very unproductive to recreate the same task over and over

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base