How could we improve Flow?

Duplicate tasks (so minor changes can be made)

We often need tasks with subtasks that are very similar with possibly only one part different but we have to create the entire task including all the subtasks from the beginning. Even with copy and pasting this is VERY unproductive. A simple "DUPLICATE TASK" option should be added so the tweaks can be made from the copy before saving.

139 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    welshredwelshred shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

29 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Alan ThorpAlan Thorp commented  · 

Any update on this feature? It is key to my workflow, and I really could do with this update ASAP.
        Cheers

• Anonymous commented  · 

I would like to duplicate a task!

• Warren ParéWarren Paré commented  · 

Hi there!

Sometimes I want to create a task similar to another one. I would like to copy the details of the existing task to a new task. Then i saved time editing, because I only edit a few details such as the due date or the project.

Think about it! ;-)

• AlexAlex commented  · 

Much needed feature! I have task templates that I create that I'd like to be able to easily duplicate and fill and adjust.

• AmandaAmanda commented  · 

Would really appreciate a copy/paste or duplicate feature for tasks. Duplicating projects is definitely beneficial but each project has a different tasks and copying and pasting would solve this issue.

• Anonymous commented  · 

been thinking/wishing for this for a while, finally decided to google the option just in case i was missing a shortcut to it. please make!

• Daria PetrovaDaria Petrova commented  · 

Guys, when are you going to add this feature? I really need it :(

• Anonymous commented  · 

please create this feature!! it is very unproductive to recreate the same task over and over

• Cyrus MolaviAdminCyrus Molavi (Product Manager, Flow) commented  · 

Hey Zachary, we've got a lot on the go, so while we do want to build this, it is competing for our attention. I should also note that our route to building this is blocked by some stuff that would really hamper Flow's performance, so it's turning out to be trickier than we would have hoped.

• Zachary BeschlerZachary Beschler commented  · 

It would be really great if this feature could be implemented! It looks like this feature is in the works, but shows March 31, 2016. Has this been put on the back burner, or should we expect work on it to continue?

• CraigCraig commented  · 

Yes please.

• Lincoln NailLincoln Nail commented  · 

We consider our whole company, and all team members of our 10 retail stores, one team. Even though we haven't brought our stores on-board yet with Flow, we are actively testing Flow internally at our home office for possible use in our stores.

We have currently set up workspaces for each location, and have noticed one thing that could possibly hold us back – the ability to assign a single task to multiple workspaces, and multiple team members, at once.

For example, we would like to assign the task of changing out the marquee message to a specific office-generated message, and then assign that task to each store's workspace with one post. There are many more tasks like this, that each store must complete, that are unique to the task and not readily setup as a repeatable task.

One way to assign the task, to someone in the other workspaces, would be to have a default team member for each workspace. Any tasks assigned to that workspace, that are not specifically assigned, will default to that team member. Then that team member would have the ability to re-assign that task to other team members.

• AnnAnn commented  · 

Agreed, with all of the above. I do not need to repeat/recur tasks - I simply want to copy & paste once instead of typing in all tasks and sub-tasks again. If I set a task to repeat, it's both connected to the other task and the second/repeated tasks doesn't show up in my task list. What if I want to copy subtasks, but change the name and project of the copied task? Setting recurrence is not a solution to this issue.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This is not completed - just look at the feedback this month

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base