How could we improve Flow?

Project Templates

It would be awesome if projects could be saved as a template for future use. For instance, anytime we run a sale or promotion the same tasks are repeated for all of our team members. So maybe a drop down when you click to create a new project you could select “from template” then “title of saved project"

Currently you can create projects and duplicate them the only issue is the templates we’ve created are always in everyones current tasks lists making them cluttered.

237 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Andrew shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Elliott commented  · 

Templates for sections specifically would also be very useful.

• Tom Duenow commented  · 

Any updates on this? Appears demand is high. Is this something difficult to execute on the technical side? Please let us know status. I

• Alistair Cockburn commented  · 

Any updates on this? We have figure out a reasonable stopgap having a 'template' project which we duplicate whenever needed, but a permanent template feature would be a great asset.

• Richard Seaker commented  · 

Big need for us as well. Would be happy to discuss this with your team.

• Michael Parker commented  · 

Glad to see this has been moved up to "Planned,"' we regularly use our homemade project templates and would be happy to provide feedback on how we use them and when it gets to the point of beta testing!

• Alex commented  · 

Definitely needed

• Joseph Greene commented  · 

The ability to create and use templates would greatly increase the value of flow to me. I already like your product very much.But as I'm currently evaluating it for my company, I know when it's time to give my report the question of can we create templates will come up. We have general steps that are included in every project. I'd also want to be able to keep content in the template as well. We tent to like to include a good task description when we assign a task. Those descriptions don't tend to change from project to project. But having them there is good for review and for when we have a new hire who's still getting on their feet. Thanks.

• Ben commented  · 

@Cyrus - when you say "until we add dedicated templating tools" any indicators when that may be? :)

• Ben commented  · 

The other thing to consider with the current "Duplicate" function (which we use for project templates) is that you lose all those notes that you may have added to the tasks - for example, we have a set of tasks that we duplicate for new products which includes a "task" for linking to our purchase order dashboard - if I duplicate this I lose the link.

- B.

• Roohbir Singh commented  · 

Templates would be highly useful. Teamwork.com does it quite well if that helps. Started using flow recently and love it!

• Paul Usher commented  · 

"Under Review" - does this mean it will make it to a build soon? it's been six months already :)

• Andrew commented  · 

No problem! This tool is a must have for our team. I hope this is implemented one day in the future :)

• AdminCyrus Molavi (Product Manager, Flow) commented  · 

Hey Ben, not sure what you're looking for here. Want to add some clarification?
        Internally, we use a template project for our launches which holds the predefined list of launch tasks and just duplicate it as needed.

• Benjamin commented  · 

Our marketing department has a detailed checklist of things to check on at every product launch. It would be awesome to be able to duplicate a set of tasks for each of our projects so we never have to rely on another tool or a dummy project to hold that predefined checklist.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Being able to include a generic master list of tasks (a project or opportunity pipeline, for example) is great, because all you have to do create the list once and you can duplicate it and save it under the project or opportunity name. However, all the tasks in the master will show up in My Tasks and generally flood to-do lists with future tasks. I'm seeking a way to hide a master list of tasks from general view and perhaps even go so far as to ask for a way to hide tasks in a list that aren't yet active. I'm trying to find a way to fit pipelines into Flow that I and other members can use (we have repeatable processes) that don't clog up the interface with loads of tasks that may not yet be active or, in the cad elf opportunities, may never become active.

• Anonymous commented  · 

We frequently have the same subtasks;
        out for print
        ready for print
        sent to print

I'm wondering if it would be possible to create a bulk selection of various subtasks or if there is a way to prepopulate,so we don't need to type it in each time?

Just nit-picking, we're actually loving the platform so far - Thanks

Feedback and Knowledge Base