How could we improve Flow?

Dependant tasks

Our team has too many unactionable tasks in our Teama because they are dependant upon other tasks being completed!

teamwork.com has the amazing ability to create "dependancies" for tasks (though their implementation is much more clunky than I'm sure Flow could do it). What they do is make the task uncheckable until the primary task is first completed. I think you should take this a step further and move the dependent task out of view (maybe grayed out at the bottom of the list).

124 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    WillWill shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MickaelMickael commented  · 

That would be awesome to have. It would solve our biggest issue for using Flow as a project management tools instead of a simple task flow tools!

• PaulPaul commented  · 

It would be very useful if sequences of tasks could be defined such that notifications go out and tasks assigned only when previous "parent" tasks have been completed.

• JulianJulian commented  · 

This sure would be helpful. Casual has a great concept. It, however, is too limiting. There tasks in a project that are not dependent, which you all do a great job with. This tweak is needed and wanted.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Sometimes it's better for my team members to focus on one single task at a time. It might be really helpful to have a feature that allows tasks to be hidden until its preceding task is completed. Also helps when certain things need to be done first by a different team member. If person A's task is to create or acquire an asset, and person B needs that asset before beginning their task, A's completed task will trigger a notification for B.

• ScottScott commented  · 

This is a huge need for many org's. It helps create momentum toward projects being completed as accountability is shared.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Is this still not under consideration?
        It is obvious for some tasks to be depending on each other, and implementing this into Flow would be very useful (I assume for a lot of people).

• DamoDamo commented  · 

This is huge. I create projects all the time and get my graphic designer coming to me asking where the content is for his task when our content writer hasn't completed it yet. There should be a simple way to have his task grayed out and be linked to the content creation task. Once the content creation task is completed, he can see that task and the design task becomes available.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This would be very important to us as well as tasks relate to the completion of another and should able to adjust. Also would be nice to have due dates that task list count down to a date so it is due say one day before or another one is 5 days before day zero etc.

Feedback and Knowledge Base