How could we improve Flow?

Subtask below each task

I think it would be a good idea to have a option to display in the main task view the subtasks of each task just below each one, indented end with a smaller font and checkbox. This could be even an expandable list when clicked or hovered the task. For me this improvement would provide a better view of how complicated the task are and how much work remains to be done.

To visualize what I have in mind I attach a file with a simple and fast draw. I believe you will do it in a more elegant way.

20 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Kamil Chojnicki shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    not planned  ·  Luke Seeley responded  · 

We don’t have any plans to enhance subtasks in such a way at this point in time.

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Joel Anderson commented  · 

I agree — subtasks that are hidden until you click on the parent task are not effective.

It is very difficult to get the "big picture" of a project if you can't see subtasks for multiple tasks at once!

A collapsable outline view is ideal for expanding all tasks and subs tasks when an overview is needed, and collapsing when you want to focus on just a few things at once.

Also, the "detail view" has tons of information squished into a small little box., while the majority of my screen shows a single line of text (the task).

Moving sub tasks into the main task list view pane will help declutter the detail view.

Feedback and Knowledge Base