How could we improve Flow?

Advanced Subtasks

I like the new subtasks (and refreshed UI), thanks Flow. However, was hoping for a bit more than just a simple check list. Something along the line of how Todoist handles it, where essentially every task can be turned into a subtask, including separate due dates, comments, files, assignees, etc.

Is that something that's planned?

187 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AlexAlex shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

22 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • CharlieCharlie commented  · 

Just want to +1 this.

Assigning, adding due dates and adding tags to subtasks would help a great deal.

• Dan KohlerDan Kohler commented  · 

This would solve a lot of our pain points with Flow. As it is now, we don't use subtasks at all, so it's a wasted feature. With these improvements of assigning team members to subtasks and assigning due dates to subtasks, that would make subtasks a viable feature.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Many tasks can't be completed until the subtasks are done. It would be helpful to see when the subtasks need to be completed, especially if there are reviews that need to be scheduled along the way. Calendar view would be so much more helpful!

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

Would love this, even if it started with the ability to assign a due date to each sub task. That would be amazing

• C2C2 commented  · 

+1
        Want the ability to assign team members and due dates to individual subtasks.

• Kalen DanielKalen Daniel commented  · 

This is crazy, if not because there is too much noise into syncing this with the calendar, then why not just have a simple way to note the due dates on sub tasks? This is primarily the reason why I use other organizers for my workflows and I would be more inclined to use flow as a one-stop-shop if it had the option to do due dates in sub tasks. Even better if it did have the option to set reminders in the google calendar.

• Alexis GrantAlexis Grant commented  · 

Simple as that! Want to delegate sub-tasks, so we don't have to create a task for every sub-task just to delegate it.

• CharlieCharlie commented  · 

I likewise require subtasks that are assignable to a task can go through multiple processes. I also need my assigned subtasks to show up in my personal to do list. This is the only thing preventing us from switching from Asana.

• Eric WeirEric Weir commented  · 

It would be nice to be able to set due dates for sub-tasks in addtion to the overal task.

For example, if we're working on a overall brand identity design, there are several components such as a logo, website, poster etc. The overall project must be complete in July, but the interim tasks have due dates that are sooner for internal review etc. It would be nice to add due dates to them.

Thanks!

• Andy MercerAndy Mercer commented  · 

Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents, that this is the reason that we won't be moving forward with this platform after trying it out. The current implementation of sub tasks is too limited for our needs. Have already mentioned this in email but wanted to say so here as well.

• EmmaEmma commented  · 

I am currently on the free trial with flow, this is the one reason why we won't be continuing to use it. We need to be able to assign due dates and people to sub-tasks.

• AlexAlex commented  · 

Surely at least re-ordering subtasks should be possible?

• Anonymous commented  · 

Enable assignment of a subtask to a different owner than the primary task.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Ability to assign a person and a due date to a sub task is critical for us as well. It's a major deciding factor on whether we continue to consider Flow as a solution vs. Basecamp or others that offer this.

• Izaac PostIzaac Post commented  · 

This was the deciding factor for why I didn't continue my trial. I need to be able to use sub-tasks like tasks, and embed sub-sub-tasks within sub-tasks.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Simple ability to assign sub-tasks as you might need other team members to complete sub tasks in other departments. I know it was suggested that there are due dates for sub tasks etc, but this is just simple the ability to assign sub tasks, this is huge in terms of how we would implement this into our company.

• BenBen commented  · 

Hi Jordan - with the new Kanban sections you can essentially do this... Treat a Kanban section add the head task then create tasks under that with the full flow data.
        Cheers
        Ben

• Jordan MenashyJordan Menashy commented  · 

For me what I'd really need is:
        1. assignee
        2. due date
        and ideally 3. tags

Without it, we'll likely cancel. (I'm currently investigating out platforms for these features.)

With that said - I love everything about flow. So hopefully this is on the horizon.

• Adrian IriasAdrian Irias commented  · 

Hello,
        Sub-task should have at least:
        1. Responsible person
        2. Dead line date.

• JoshJosh commented  · 

I am currently exploring Flow for my team. The single reason we may not use the product is lack of due dates and assignees on subtasks. It is the one blindspot in accountability and productivity within the larger team. My other option would be to have such long task lists within lists that they become unmanageable. Hope you consider. I love everything else.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base