How could we improve Flow?

Offline mode - especially in the app.

I live on planes without wifi. I'd love to be able to at least view existing, mark completed and add tasks while offline. When online, all the syncing and delegation happens. Please!!

356 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    started  ·  AdminJesse Herlitz (VP of Product, Flow) responded  · 

Wanted to let y’all know that some of our earliest efforts at addressing offline access are available in the new iOS app.

- The app is now accessible when offline
    - You can now access tasks that have been downloaded when offline.
    - You can create tasks when offline, and they’ll get synced when you’re back online.

The new app is a separate download from the old one, so you’ll need to either search for “Flow Tasks” or follow this link to get it:

https://itunes.apple.com/app/flow-tasks/id1434889263

Cheers!

65 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Hanhsi Chen commented  · 

Offline mode is definitely a must for OSx & iOS app. Please make it happen !

• Ryon commented  · 

We agree. We’re leaving Flow after waiting for more than 24 months for this feature. Dealbreaker.

• Josh Stark commented  · 

Signed up assuming that your mac desktop app had this, because every similar application has this. Lost a significant amount of progress updates entered while no a plane. This is a dealbreaker - how can this not have been finished in 12 months?

• Anonymous commented  · 

How was it “started” over a year ago and now it’s gone from the roadmap? With no response from flow I’m assuming that this is no longer a priority. I’m going to have my team start looking for a other option for our firm and all of our subsidiary companies. I was using this as a beta for the organization, lots of my senior team really likes is and while the new features are great, they are useless for me 75% of the time. I spend 75% if my time on the road and I think that Flow is no longer a viable solution, and shows no sign of attempting to explain the delay. I’d write more, but the doors are closing on my flight to Peru where if I have no WiFi I’ll have no flow.

• Ben Hirby commented  · 

You could build it as a PWA and not even need an app, or just hybridize it with Ionic.

• D commented  · 

This was started over a year ago? Any progress update?

• Ben commented  · 

Oh I should add that this is main reason I resubscribed with Flow for my company - and it’s still not out of the backlog - what’s happening?
        Cheers
        BC

• Ben commented  · 

How are we going with this Flowpeople? I’m finding this and the load times in the iOS app to be getting frustrating - and about to head off on an overseas supplier visits - no offline means that I have to do things in another app and then enter to Flow.

It’s been a year since the last Flow comment this was started?

Cheers
        BC

• Chris commented  · 

Really need this for the android app. All your major competitors have this, and it's a reason I would switch back.

• Nathan Farquhar commented  · 

Any update please? From a personal (company) point of view offline is really key for iOS (when carrying just my phone or iPad) but also for the Mac App (when carrying my laptop). Lack of offline makes sense as a startup idea but not as a valid solution for professionals and businesses. You will note we tend not to all be chained indoors. I've had instances of losing a significant amount of data I am inputting, when connection is lost. And being unable to access ANY of my info in Flow when I am out and about with no (or a flaky) connection. Really like Flow, much better than other alternatives, but the lack of being able to use it offline means that Flow is something that we can not use all of the time...and therefore some pf us need other solutions to track stuff in. Which begs the question, why exactly are we using Flow if we cannot always use it and cannot rely on it...and some of us are having to duplicate stuff?

• Jake commented  · 

The last comment here was in March 2017 and it’s now January 2018 with no offline access????

• Braden commented  · 

Any idea when it might at least hit the roadmap at least? I get for a lot of the US it probably isn't too bad as you can connect pretty much anywhere, BUT in may other parts of he world we are not so lucky and Internet access is spotty, is not on planes or is an unreasonable cost in the event it is. This then becomes a material gap that puts it well ahead of any other feature for my application.

I think it is a great app and the more I use it the more I love it. While I'll probably use it for personal use and small things it is a deal breaker for anything serious or to see me personally recommending it... which is a pity is it is top of the line for the most part.

• Adam King commented  · 

Any updates on this? ETA?

We're evaluating Flow right now, and it's right at the top, but lack of any offline access to task lists would be an outright dealbreaker for a core part of our team.

• Ben commented  · 

At last... !

FYI - this comment thread is the core reason why I have re-initiated my Flow subscription. I cancelled it *because* it was not planned and have signed up again because it has started.

Please make sure this comes in.
        Soon.

Cheers
        Ben

• Jim Collins commented  · 

In trial mode and I wholeheartedly concur, possible deal breaker:

Adam Westland commented · May 29, 2016 16:52

I understand that there would be challenges to team based interactions while offline but we should definitely be able to view our tasks, add new tasks, create new projects, full control over private tasks, etc. This would be my number one app request.
        RyonRyon commented · April 20, 2016 01:14

Can't we at least VIEW our Flow accounts offline? For goodness' sake - we're in and out of coverage every time we travel! Flow may be replaced sooner than later because no offline mode exists.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Dear Jesse, thx for the update. When approx do you think your new iOS app will be launched ? Best regards Johan

• Tracie commented  · 

Hi, Unfortunately I do not agree with Jake Paul's argument here, there are many project/task management apps on the market that include offline access and if you read their community forums NOT ONE person is complaining about the offline access hindering their work!!!!!

• Duncan Babbage commented  · 

This is a real shame. It's clear to me that a major reason for not supporting offline mode is that the 'native' apps are built using tools that are essentially packaging web apps with native wrappers. In that context, while HTML5 offers some local storage options supporting local offline storage and moderately complex sync operations is probably a lot more complex. Until such time as Flow goes to truly native clients, it's hard to imagine this would be possible?

I agree with others here. So many things about Flow are better than the dozens of other task managers I've been auditioning to replace our team's current solution, and I was just about ready to pull the trigger and select Flow, but I think not being able to work offline, not even to just see existing tasks, is going to be a deal-breaker I fear...

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base