How could we improve Flow?

Offline mode - especially in the app.

I live on planes without wifi. I'd love to be able to at least view existing, mark completed and add tasks while offline. When online, all the syncing and delegation happens. Please!!

292 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

51 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jim CollinsJim Collins commented  · 

In trial mode and I wholeheartedly concur, possible deal breaker:

Adam Westland commented · May 29, 2016 16:52

I understand that there would be challenges to team based interactions while offline but we should definitely be able to view our tasks, add new tasks, create new projects, full control over private tasks, etc. This would be my number one app request.
        RyonRyon commented · April 20, 2016 01:14

Can't we at least VIEW our Flow accounts offline? For goodness' sake - we're in and out of coverage every time we travel! Flow may be replaced sooner than later because no offline mode exists.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Dear Jesse, thx for the update. When approx do you think your new iOS app will be launched ? Best regards Johan

• TracieTracie commented  · 

Hi, Unfortunately I do not agree with Jake Paul's argument here, there are many project/task management apps on the market that include offline access and if you read their community forums NOT ONE person is complaining about the offline access hindering their work!!!!!

• Duncan BabbageDuncan Babbage commented  · 

This is a real shame. It's clear to me that a major reason for not supporting offline mode is that the 'native' apps are built using tools that are essentially packaging web apps with native wrappers. In that context, while HTML5 offers some local storage options supporting local offline storage and moderately complex sync operations is probably a lot more complex. Until such time as Flow goes to truly native clients, it's hard to imagine this would be possible?

I agree with others here. So many things about Flow are better than the dozens of other task managers I've been auditioning to replace our team's current solution, and I was just about ready to pull the trigger and select Flow, but I think not being able to work offline, not even to just see existing tasks, is going to be a deal-breaker I fear...

• Anonymous commented  · 

Maybe instead having full features offline we could have some of them: only being able to create tasks for ourselves or someone else, take notes, view what is already there... and not comment in a task that already exist or delete one that has other people involved...

I believe this way it doesn't impact the syncing in a complex manner when we login again... ? It could be also a safe way to approach offline option without shaking the whole structure...

Best Thoughts and many thanks again for every update you have already made, we love Flow :)

• Adam WestlandAdam Westland commented  · 

We all travel a lot (Hotel Company) and everyone ends up using another tool to record tasks, idea, etc while on the road because flow isn't available offline for quick note taking, which means we end up having to transcribe things into flow later on. Massive hassle

• Adam WestlandAdam Westland commented  · 

I understand that there would be challenges to team based interactions while offline but we should definitely be able to view our tasks, add new tasks, create new projects, full control over private tasks, etc. This would be my number one app request.

• RyonRyon commented  · 

Can't we at least VIEW our Flow accounts offline? For goodness' sake - we're in and out of coverage every time we travel! Flow may be replaced sooner than later because no offline mode exists.

• AlexAlex commented  · 

Since Wunderlist, Trello (in beta) and Asana (soon) are offering offline mode for their mobile apps, I don't quite understand why Flow says "...we don’t see offline as an especially good fit for a team-oriented app".

• Anonymous commented  · 

When do you have time to plan an new project? often while traveling with train or airplane... sad if you cant reach your todos or plan new jobs!

• Michael IrelandMichael Ireland commented  · 

Syncing FLOW issue - syncing app and desktop (especially repeat tasks) email integration, need for saving offline or after getting online, chatting (phone app) crashes, iphone task appointment show completed apps as not completed; all need to work offline; need different due dates for subtasks; FaceTime-like needed; GoToMeeting-like needed; Drop emails into application needed

• MichaelMichael commented  · 

Why not just add the ability to add new tasks offline?

I don't see the difficulty with this. On the remote chance that offline two people create a task with the exact same name and details, you just act as does the file system of windows and insert (1) onto the duplicate.

Very simple, come on now. It's been in the windows file system for 20 years.....

• BruceBruce commented  · 

I concur that I have used (A) web function, (B) iphone function, and (C) offline use as the major features of a to do app.

At least having offline view would be very helpful. This wouldn't raise any sync issues.

• John D.John D. commented  · 

We've been trialling Flow on and off for a few months now and whilst we love it in online mode, it's the lack of offline functionality that's going to make it a non-starter for us. I just don't understand why this isn't a priority - it's an absolute must for any business that takes to the road where wi-fi can be hard to come by. Apps like Wunderlist and Evernote allow you to check content and add more content whilst offline and then syncs everything when you're connected. It's a real shame but clearly the Flow Team have other priorities. Au revoir Flow, we'll spend our money elsewhere.

• DanDan commented  · 

Reviewed several task management systems and chose Flow because it really is the best for many reasons. Now that we are using it every day, we are realizing that most of those reasons don't trump the need for offline access. We are looking for other options *because* this feature isn't considered a priority. Great product, but understanding/addressing user needs does not seem a strong suit here.

• BenBen commented  · 

@Jake... mobile devices with offline - at least for comments and adding new tasks - would be enough for me. It sounds like there is the possibility that you'll enhance the product to fully support mobile users?

B.

• JenJen commented  · 

I'm starting to have to get in the habit of writing comments in gmail so that I have an automatically saved every 1/nth of a second backup. That SHOULD be in app. Hell, even when I use basic webforms (like this one) if the internet goes down it simply won't let me submit the form. It doesn't send the data into the ether.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base