How could we improve Flow?

Move tasks between teams

We really need to be able to *easily* move TASKS between teams - e.g. drag and drop them or select and change the team. This should be able to be locked down by user if they don’t have access to a team - but it’s too easy to create a task in the wrong team and then have to fiddle around to move it

95 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ben shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jackie commented  · 

Flow - I'm new (trialling software) and this is a major flaw. There has been no update on a fix that I can see on this thread for quite some time. It's obvious it's needed when can we expect a solution please?

• Andrew commented  · 

Is this done yet? Thanks.

• John Baeyens commented  · 

An absolute must !! When architecture finnished their part, the task needs to move on to engineering; this is today not possible (move a task from one team to another). Please Flow, make this a priority.

• Steven commented  · 

My company uses the email to flow feature extensively. We have about 8 departments which are set up as different teams. Our "traffic controller" has all requests auto forwarded to tasks@getflow.com from one email distribution group. Currently this Private Task can only be routed to one Team. Having the ability to move the task to a different team is a very important feature.

• Ben commented  · 

@scott - yep, I'm with you, it's *possible* to achieve the outcome at the moment, but it's not exactly user-friendly... and there's not really a good reason that I can see.

• Scott commented  · 

I hate to sound like a punk, but... seriously, how is this not possible and "not planned"? Moving Projects between workspaces is clunky enough, but how can I not merely type in a field in Edit mode to change the Workspace for a particular task? I know it's possible when creating a task from the "Overview" Workspace. How many organizations don't DAILY need to move tasks between workspaces, i.e. departments and teams? So we have to either go to a new workspace and create a new task or create a "Tasks to Move" project in every single workspace?! That. Is. Absolutely. Silly. Sorry to sound practically vitriolic. I'm not truly and largely upset, in the whole scheme of things. This isn't a dealbreaker, but it seems like Collaborative Task Management 101 that it should be possible. And this only has 38 votes?! Ok, rant over... I'll let democracy take its course.

• Ben commented  · 

...and the function is back.... thanks for getting that back in there.

• Colby commented  · 

really lame that you cant do this.

• Ben commented  · 

.....and unless I'm going crazy you can no longer move tasks between workspaces with the new release (ticket logged with support)

B.

• Ben commented  · 

@Luke and @Jake....

You guys are killing me. "privacy and billing issues"? Really??

OK, let's assume there are - then maybe you can help me with this:
        I am in the process of recruiting a new team member.
        I have a workspace called "Recruiting" which is locked down to me and the other business owner.
        Each new role is a project in the workspace.
        I want to quickly forward all the applications that come through to my inbox and then move them to the correct workspace.
        At the moment, that all go to my general company workspace - and to move them I have to fartarse about and stick them in a project, move the project, blah blah blah...

If you're not going to implement easy movement of tasks, then you need to have some way of capturing tasks OUTSIDE of a workspace and having them easily moved.

FLOW indicates that workspaces are things like "departments" or areas in the business - tasks DO move between departments of a business... Please consider the scenario whereby your customers are using flow INTERNALLY not just for client projects...

Come on... help me out here...

B.

• John commented  · 

I recently started using Flow and find it frustrating that I can't re-organize tasks in the Overview's My Tasks view. I noticed that I an drag-and-drop tasks between projects and due dates within a given workspace, but not between workspaces. I like the idea of having separate workspaces for each of our clients. I'd rather not have to use a single workspace for all of our tasks just so that I can quickly move tasks around.

Now that all Flow subscriptions include unlimited workspaces, projects, and storage, surely this can no longer be a billing issue.

• Michel commented  · 

Workaround would be:
        - Create a new project "Tasks to move" in the workspace the tasks you want to move are located
        - Move the tasks to this new project by dragging and dropping
        - Move the project "Tasks to move" to the workspace you want the tasks to end up by using the option from the workspace drop down menu
        - Select the workspace you moved the project "Tasks to move" to
        - Drag and drop the tasks from the project "Tasks to move" to the desired project

• Anonymous commented  · 

Agreed. We need to easily move task (not list) between workspaces. It's a bummer when a task is created, notes are generated, etc. but it was put in the wrong. Workspace. Would love some recommendations to a workaround so we don't have to delete the task or live with it in the wrong spot.

• Ben commented  · 

Darn. OK, so how about being able to have a GROUP that can be locked down to individuals and the tasks inside it too? The usage I'm trying to get is to be able to create tasks related to, say, team performance management, without exposing to everyone and without having it in a separate workspace. Other examples are: financial reporting tasks, personal tasks, management tasks, etc.
        Cheers
        Ben

Feedback and Knowledge Base