How could we improve Flow?

Dynamic Gantt Chart

Would love to see a dynamic Gantt chart linked to Task/subtask tree. A progress bar would be ideally matched to each subtask that updated larger tasks and vis a vie the project. A global page that overlooks all workspaces and their relevant progress in a visual way would be a-mazing.

Thanks for great work !

213 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Leo shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    answered  ·  AdminMark Nichols (Admin, Flow) responded  · 

We’re happy to announce that Project Timelines and Team Workload are now available as Pro features. Although these features do not allow for fully-fledged Gantt Charts, we hope that they provide some similar benefits to what a global overview such as a Gantt Chart would provide.

If you’d like to read more about Project Timelines, please take a look here: https://www.getflow.com/new

29 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminJesse Herlitz (VP of Product, Flow) commented  · 

Hey Jon, start dates are coming! It's one of those things that touches almost every corner of the app, so although it seems small it's quite a large undertaking.

• Jon commented  · 

We were so excited for this feature to roll out and finally got to spend some time investigating it today. For those who haven't been able to test this feature, it enables you to set a start and end date at the project level. This gives you the opportunity to see how all of your projects land on the calendar, but, honestly, it doesn't go much deeper than this (yet?). If you click a single project timeline, a granular view of tasks for that selected project displays. Unfortunately, we found that tasks (still) can't be assigned a start date. The result, for us, are project timelines sparsely populated by due dates. This is not particularly useful when trying to manage a project's resources and timeline. For the project timeline feature to be beneficial we really need to be able to plot and adjust the start and end dates for tasks. Task start dates were a planned feature, is this still the case? Can anyone speak to this?

• AdminJesse Herlitz (VP of Product, Flow) commented  · 

Hey there,

If you click on a project timeline you'll be navigated to a view that shows the parent project timeline and the task timelines below it. There is both a "days" & "weeks" view for this, and on the weeks view you can sort the view by task owner or due date.

This feature is not an enterprise only feature, it's a Pro feature which will be a small upgrade.

Jesse

• OP commented  · 

@jesse, thanks for the beta link! It looks fantastic! Two questions:

1. Will this feature be available for all Flow users, or just ENTERPRISE?

2. Also, it looks like the "Timeline" view shows ONLY the bars for the project but not the task/sub-tasks. Are you implementing more granularity so there are tasks bars on the chart too? I apologize if the setting is already there, I haven't found how to show the task bars yet.

• OP commented  · 

It looks like Gantt Chart will ONLY be available to Enterprises users according to the details on the "Pricing" page, how about the rest of us, Flow team?

Also, it was stated this feature would be available in 2016 and teased in the August of 2017? Why such a long delay?

• Arnaud Lapiere commented  · 

Ok, so .. feature started on 20 sept 2016, but we are in 2019 .. need any help on project management ?

• Sagan commented  · 

I will switch from Asana the second you add Gantt charts.

• Jon commented  · 

I'll add the billionth request. Really like Flow, but we can't use it because there's no Gantt.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Is this still not in your immediate plans, in favor of the project planning functionality you currently have in place?

• Peter Prem commented  · 

Happy to see this has been discussed, and look forward to it's release. Just one comment - I would need the Gantt to also show all the projects together, sort of like the calendar does now but in Gantt style, not just one Gantt per project. Expand collapse the Gantt in the same structure as in Flow - Teams >> Groups >> Projects >> Tasks >> Subtasks. This would be so useful I would pay your development costs. No kidding.

• Alex Prior commented  · 

Any news on the release of this?

• Daniel Jeanette commented  · 

Is there an ETA on the Gantt chart functionality? Flow is great, but my team needs this functionality as well and are thinking of moving away from flow because this isn't an option.

• Moriah R Glasgow commented  · 

Hi,

I am with Georgina. We truly need this functionality for our team now. Please let us know if we need to look outside of FLOW for this solution. Thank you,

Moriah

• Georgina Pacey commented  · 

What is the ETA for this? Just wondering whether it's worth using a separate software for Gantt charts for now or holding out for flow's one

• Anonymous commented  · 

Amazing, thank you! Is there in ETA?

• Kevin Brelis commented  · 

It's what our company would need as well in order to move to Getflow. It's key to project management.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes, this is fundamental for planning

• Anonymous commented  · 

Only reason why flow isn't being used in our offices, would be a great feature

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base