How could we improve Flow?

Mass task editing

Add the ability to shift-select or cmd-select multiple tasks and add the same due date and/or tag to all of them.

130 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Chip Maxwell shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Brett VanTil commented  · 

Need this as well - specifically to bulk assign tasks

• Rich Thornton commented  · 

Chiming in as well. Our organisation started evaluating Flow this week and my first process was to type in 50 tasks from our existing solution (Jira), then try to bulk assign them to my team. Deal-breaker for me I'm sorry.

• Brian commented  · 

Piling on. Bulk edit feature would be much appreciated! Like big time.

• John commented  · 

I would like to be able to select multiple tasks and edit them by adding tags, subscribers, or due dates to them, or deleting them all at once. Right now, it does not appear that I can do this.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I also want this BAD....may go shopping for other app if dont have this capability soon

• Charles de Dreuille commented  · 

Bulk editing is an absolute need. The solution today is not really handy as it is asking you to change the ordering of your task. So if I want to change 10 tasks assigned to me in a specific section, if I change to the people view I loose this section organisation so I see something like 40 tasks assigned to me but it's hard to find what are the 10 tasks to edit.

Please, Please update this. Asana, Wunderlist, even Evernote are doing it.

• Charles de Dreuille commented  · 

For the moment it's really hard to edit multiple task at the same time. You have your list organised in a certain way and you want to reassign 10tasks to an other person or you want to change the due date or even add a project manager as a follower for 10 tasks you created.

Changing view is really hard as it change completely the organisation of your task. That's not a great solution.

We can select several tasks but when you do it, the actions are really limited. Evernote is doing it really perfectly. You can edit, move, tag several notes at the same time. Really efficient.

Could we have a better bulk edit?

Thanks,
        Charles

• Alex commented  · 

Crazy how much this is needed. I want to Unassign a bunch of tasks and change the date on another bunch and there's just no way to do it.

• Gary Duncan commented  · 

@Jake Paul sure you can drag things around in the calendar that already have a date, but you can't do that for tasks that don't yet have a date set...

• Gary Duncan commented  · 

Having the ability to change dates and assignments on multiple tasks at once in particular.

This is something Asana does well, and we miss since moving over to Flow! Is this still planned? Given the date on the suggestion is November 2013...

• Anonymous commented  · 

I'd love to have a way to mass subscribe people to tasks that are already created.

• Travis Young commented  · 

Mostly looking for the ability to assign to people in bulk.

• Jay Crouch commented  · 

Is there a way to move items en mass from a list back to yourself?

• AdminJake Paul (Product Director, Flow) commented  · 

@Dan Bulk editing is planned, but in case it's not clear, it's also already possible to reschedule multiple tasks on the Calendar and in date-sorted lists by dragging them to a different day group, or dragging them onto a different day in the week view.

• Dan Sullivan commented  · 

This would be especially useful for calendar view, where manual sorting is overridden by date; if I can make the dates all today, I can sort. Otherwise I can't.

Feedback and Knowledge Base