How could we improve Flow?

Private Tasks Within a Project

There are numerous times daily when I want to assign one person a task without them seeing the rest of the tasks on a list (often because it's beyond their pay grade or there is confidential information shared.) But I can't, so I end up having to create list after list based on who's allowed to see that list (often one list for one person?!) rather than being able to keep lists project-oriented or categorical. This creates WAY TOO MUCH confusion within an organization and flies in the face of simple group and list structures. My people end up not wanting to use a collaborative task management system and want to abandon Flow because it feels too constricting in this way. Why is it necessarily the case that sharing one task with one person means they automatically see the rest of an entire list?

85 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ScottScott shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Yevgeniy DanilovYevgeniy Danilov commented  · 

It's a very great tool! Asana and teamwork do it. My opinion that your app is the best all of them but this future is dealbreaker for us. So upset.

• ScottScott commented  · 

UGH! Reconsider please! It ensures the end user must overcomplicate things and create projects that aren't projects. It isn't nonprofit friendly. It means little administrative control of who sees what, which may be necessary for scrum people, (who could keep it everyone-sees-it), but not for many org's.

• MandeepMandeep commented  · 

I completely agree. The situation described above does often happen and it is impractical to keep making new lists within a workspace/

• ScottScott commented  · 

Beautiful! (re considering this!) I can't imagine this not being markedly important for any organization who wants real collaboration that is both SIMPLE and CONFIDENTIAL (esp those who work with volunteers). PLEASE implement this!

• AndrewAndrew commented  · 

This is a major deal breaker for me working with a team who doesn't have equal access to information as much is often confidential in nature.

Feedback and Knowledge Base