How could we improve Flow?

Task reminders

There are important (flagged) tasks and there are due tasks. But there also are important tasks, that have a due date.

I would love to get specifically notified about tasks that are important _and_ due today. I don't need a notification on this unimportant task, which is due today, but that I don't really care about. But there are these critical tasks, which are so important, you should not forget them. But you do, unfortunately.

I'd like to make sure I won't. So it would be awesome to get a little notification (by email, iPhone app, or whatever) on the day a flagged task is due.

This way you could always flag tasks with a due date that you really need to get notified about, because they're so important.

280 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AlexanderAlexander shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • BenBen commented  · 

I agree this needs to happen very quickly or I will have to look for another solution unfortunately.

• LorettaLoretta commented  · 

PLEASE! Bring on the task notifications!
        It will be life changing! haha :)

• KatieKatie commented  · 

Yes! iPhone reminders are CRITICAL - day and hourly reminders. Thank you!

• Claus ChristensenClaus Christensen commented  · 

Any update on this?. The App I "divorced" when I switched to Flow had the ability to set a reminder date / specific time which was delivered either via e-mail or sms !. This is a vital tool for me as I have deadlines for every single transaction ( airline flight reservations), that are have different deadline times. With 3600 transactions a year you can imagine. Right now I am using "Siri" which is not ideal....PLEASE provide an update

• Kalen DanielKalen Daniel commented  · 

Reminders button that simply will set a reminder daily at 3pm or reminder on a specific date and time that isn't recurring like the daily at 3pm would be an amazing feature. This would make it to where I dont have to remember everything, it will be all stored in flow and flow will tell me when I need to do things before they come at me. To set reminders before the due dates as well would be huge bc then people would be able to update before the due dates and not look like they are dropping the ball everywhere. I am curious as to how many actual projects, tasks and sub tasks the avg individual has open in flow. NObody can really keep these all stored in their head and the ease of knowing flow manages everything and can remind me to let me know of when I need to either update before a due date or when to check on tracking forms, status updates, or to assign out reminders and due dates as well would be awesome. I think the main goal between these features (and my other setting sub tasks with due dates feature) are forms of differentiation, ways of adding value to flow. not only will they make a better one stop shop soluiton for us but they will also make it to where i wont be tempeted to use any other tool for my scheduling purposes. I love flow, I just need it to give us all a little love back to make it a complete solution, and differentiate itself from the other programs I use instead of it because they have features that flow doesn't, and if flow had them all, you'd be ahead of the game!

• Catie StewmanCatie Stewman commented  · 

being able to get a push notification/reminder at a specific time or at a specific location.

• Derreck AmboyanDerreck Amboyan commented  · 

When creating a task - It would be VERY helpfil to add a time reminder to specific task.

• ChrisChris commented  · 

Definitely a required feature. We as a company need the ability to publish the actual due date for a task - as in when it MUST be done, but as a project manager, would love to put in a reminder/work-on date for someone to know when to start working on it.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I have been using Calendar on my Asus Android phone. They have a feature to show a countdown in Notification center, I really love it. Flow is better than that I can control my tasks with Calendar. Hopefully you guys will consider to put this option to turn on Countdown for a task. Please see the attachment file to see the countdown in Notification center.

Cheers,
        Tai

• JesseJesse commented  · 

This is a MAJOR need for task management. Reminders are critical. I have opted to taking my important tasks outside of Flow so that it can give me a push notification at a certain time. A Daily digest is not super helpful because if i want an overview ill just go to the app. Id rather look at all my tasks in the app UI and not an email. The important part is making sure critical tasks get bumped to the top of your mind when you them to.

• Anonymous commented  · 

In addition, I would like to set reminders for specific tasks ahead of the due date, so that I can easily know when to begin working on each project.

• JoseJose commented  · 

This shows under-review for quite some time now, and I also believe this to be an ideal capability... One of the things I liked about Wunderlist, was the inquisitive/continuous follow-up for overdue, or soon to be due tasks. This is a must.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Still waiting for this - I feel Reminders is a critical feature for any task system. would be great to have an option - sms, puch notification, email - like many of the other task programs do.

• Ken CummingsKen Cummings commented  · 

Any update on this? The lack of reminders is my only obstacle to becoming a paying Flow user.

• Jay CrouchJay Crouch commented  · 

Please add a "Followup Date" to tasks. It would be exceptionally helpful to be able to maintain a final due date for tasks while at the same time checking in on progress and milestones regularly.

For sorting, if a followup date isn't provided, use the due date.

AND if you wanted to get CRAZY, it would be killer to default the followup date to some value whenever a task is delegated.

Feedback and Knowledge Base