How could we improve Flow?

Smart syntax for task rows, task form (@assign, #tag, etc)

First of all, I love love the new look & feel, I love having the task view on the right side, and I love having different workspaces. Bravo!

Here are a couple features that I would have loved to see come along with this update:

The ability to assign tasks to people on my team using the "@" symbol within the title. Maybe if you have more than one person the first one is the one assigned and the others are just subscribers...

The same thing goes for using the "#" character and creating tags. Creating tags should be much faster than it is now. This is confusing as of now anyways because the tags show as #tags inside the list already.

You could even assign a task to a list by using the "/" character or something similar.

Finally, adding a date should be possible from the title field as well. A la Fantastical, saying something like "New task due on 11/12/13" would create a task called "New Task" that is due on november 12th of this year.

In summary, the speed at which to create a more detailed task can be much improved. I'd love to see the above feature in future releases.

PS - I'm an interim Android user. Any chance of an Android app in the near future?

158 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    MicahMicah shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    not planned  ·  Jessie JonesAdminJessie Jones (Customer Support, Flow) responded  · 

We are planning to make it much easier to quickly enrich your tasks with details, directly from the task title input in the task form and quick task bar, using the same syntax we use with emailing tasks to Flow.

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

I would also appreciate this feature. It would be a small but good improvement of the Flow UX.

• AlexAlex commented  · 

Would be great if there was a key command to directly edit tags, e.g. SHIFT-T

Also, when creating a new task, should really be able to enter the task at the end of the task with a # before it.

• KennethKenneth commented  · 

Use the @syntax in the task name and it gets assigned to that person.

• Alexander Paul TaylorAlexander Paul Taylor commented  · 

great tool though. Good balance, as simple as possible but no more... And this feedback system seems to work well. thanks

or just remove the step of having to click "edit" by including the tag line on the info panel

perhaps neater would be right-click on task to get options such as add tags

thanks

allow tags to be added directly from task list

a quick fix would be to convert #hashtags in the task title into tags. i think this is already offered when emailing tasks.

• Anonymous commented  · 

When enter hashtag plus word in task title (eg. when creating task on board) app should automatically recognize this and add as task tag

• LaurenceLaurence commented  · 

When adding a task in the Flow app, it would be useful to be able to use the email short cuts (such as ‘!MONDAY’ to set the due date etc etc) rather than having to click into the respective bits when creating the task.

• GeorgeGeorge commented  · 

Please make this happen, current task input is a pain.

• MattMatt commented  · 

Any news on this? Wouldn't need task duplication so much if we had this option either. Do you have an official roadmap so we can see the order of planned features?

• BenjaminBenjamin commented  · 

It'd be sweet to assign, tag, set a due date, and project with natural language in the title, too. Like Fantastical. Though I'd understand if this isn't really possible at the moment.

• ScottScott commented  · 

I assumed this was an option and tried it the other day. This should happen. This is one of Remember The Milk's killer features. Would save everyone time. This is the sorta thing you gotta do if you're gonna catch GTD and lifehacking types.

Feedback and Knowledge Base