How could we improve Flow?

Looping in non-Flow users to tasks

Sometimes you want to assign a task to a person that is not using flow. You do not want to invite that person as they might not work that much with you. But you want to assign one task to them.

It would be great, if you could assign Tasks to "email addresses" and those people have the possibility to comment and check off the tasks without creating a flow account and without logging in. They just click on a link in their email message, review the task and later check it off with the same link.

124 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Christian GutChristian Gut shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mark WaterousMark Waterous commented  · 

This is an easy choice for smaller agencies and freelancing consultants when it comes to pricing:

https://asana.com/pricing

Specifically the "Unlimited Guests"; for a single team member this means that you can pay $4.17 a month for the same feature set, and invite any number of guests to any number of projects.

On Flow, as soon as I invite two clients (and I can't even give each client an individual login for all of their team members), I'm bumped up to a studio plan pricing ($59/m). If I invite 10 people, I'm paying for a team plan at $129/m, when I'm not even managing a team, these are all just clients that I would like to have access to view their workspaces.

Guests should not count towards the Team Size, or if they do, a plan structure wherein you could have 3 Team Members and let's say 20 guests, or 8 Team Members and 50 guests (etc) should be implemented.

• Jan DunlopJan Dunlop commented  · 

This would be THE single most important feature that would make me use flow for my consulting business.

• ScottScott commented  · 

PUHLEEZE reconsider implementing this. There are tons of org's like us out there that work with tons of volunteers who do not warrant having a Flow account because their use is so piecemeal and occasional... and many, like ours, are nonprofit and cannot afford to add them.

• Joseph GreeneJoseph Greene commented  · 

The ability to edit my comment would be great too. I forgot to mention the number one reason this feature would make my life easier. Clients don't as a rule want to open a new account and learn a new environment just to communicate with me. This would make their life easier and help thin out my email to boot. I love this idea.

• Joseph GreeneJoseph Greene commented  · 

I've only just started my first web development project on flow. This suggestion coming to fruition would make life so much easier. In my current project I need to coordinate with the client on content creation. I can obviously do this by many means. But if I could share a well described task with them it would mean less sprawling of information. And I can see where it would save both time and effort.

• Renato CarvalhoRenato Carvalho commented  · 

I believe that one of the main reasons Slack went viral is because of the Guest Accounts. You can invite people (your client or a contractor) to a specific channel without having to pay more. After the client has used the product, he starts to pay to use at his company as well.

• Christian GutChristian Gut commented  · 

As longer as I think of this idea: this could be some kind of making flow going viral.

• Mathias GmeinerMathias Gmeiner commented  · 

It would be nice to have this feature for whole lists. I'm working with one bigger corporation with a harsh internal policy about external saas-products.
        They don't need flow for personal use, just for creating stuff (tasks, comments,...) in specific lists for specific projects...

Feedback and Knowledge Base