How could we improve Flow?

Advanced repeating task options

I have recurring tasks for work that must be scheduled for the first of each month. The problem is that the first of each month isn't necessarily a business day, it quite frequently will be on a weekend. I'd love it if you could add the ability for me to create recurring tasks that occur on the closest business day after the first of the month (or the first of the month if it DOES happen to be a business day).

85 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ben Arnold shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ryan Smith commented  · 

Need the ability to repeat monthly on a specific day of the week, every 4 weeks makes no sense......

• Anonymous commented  · 

My team has recurring tasks that do not repeat exactly on a 4-week cadence (i.e. every 3rd Friday of the Month), so it would be great to be able to set a recurring task for select dates.

• Maciej commented  · 

It would be helpful to be able to schedule a task on the last day of the month and 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th (day of the week) of the month.

• Anonymous commented  · 

A repeating task that can be set with a specific day in the week within a certain week of the month. "last Friday of the month... Or "third Monday of the month."

But still allow commenting and team input. We have some recurring banner ads that have to be done on a set day of the month and require team thought and critique. More than a calendar reminder, but benefit from the automation that a calendar program can give.

• Scott commented  · 

We would like to see the ability to repeat after a certain number of days/months/etc. AFTER a task is completed, i.e., when completed, repeat after 7 days.

• Ben Arnold commented  · 

This is great news, Luke. Thanks for the update!

Feedback and Knowledge Base