How could we improve Flow?

Task due time

Many of my colleagues complain that it is not possible to assign an exact time to a task, is this something that you plan for in the future?

217 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Olle PaulssonOlle Paulsson shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    MikeyMikey shared a merged idea: Specific times on tasks  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Time of day  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Calendar  ·   · 
    IleanIlean shared a merged idea: Set a tiem for the tasks.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Date and TIME  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Time to tasks  ·   · 
    Brothers MuellerBrothers Mueller shared a merged idea: Add time to a task  ·   · 
    JustinJustin shared a merged idea: Assign times in addition to due dates  ·   · 
    Shane Graham Shane Graham shared a merged idea: Specific AM/PM Time  ·   · 
    Karl AtiyehKarl Atiyeh shared a merged idea: Ideas for improvement  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Hours in calendar  ·   · 

30 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JDAJDA commented  · 

Need this feature more than any other. Especially when it comes to calendar sync. Currently I need to enter tasks that must occur at a specific time in multiple places (flow + calendar). All of this duplicated effort would be eliminated if flow allowed an option to specify a due time.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Often times when we are working on a marketing campaign launch a lot of tasks are due on the same day but certain tasks need to be completed in the morning compared to the afternoon. The more people you add into this equation the messier it becomes. We have reverted to adding it manually in the task note but it is often missed

• Dean TapuchDean Tapuch commented  · 

Adding a time would make sense, having multiple all day calendar events is just messy and doesn't assist in planning.
        Having a task allocated to a particular time would add structure to project planning.

All day's events would make sense if you just working on one project and have a single individual allocated to a project.

Running multiple projects with multiple individuals allocated to certain tasks that require tasks to be completed for the next individual to continue is our problem.

Allocating a task without time, really doesn't make any sense!

• MikeyMikey commented  · 

Our team would love to be able to add specific times for tasks. This would help us centralize our meetings calendar. We currently use Google Calendar but we really want to centralize our workflow. Does anyone use Flow for meetings?

• Anonymous commented  · 

It would be so helpful, as there are some tasks that must be performed at specific times.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Adding a time of day so that it will update in my email that this task needs to be done by this time today.

• Anonymous commented  · 

add due times on the due date feature so that they can appear on the calendar

• IleanIlean commented  · 

It would be useful if we could set a time for the task, not just the date. Also you could send us a reminder with an alarm when the time starts and ends.

• Anonymous commented  · 

can we add a time component, so we can use flows to make appointments?

• Ryan SundermanRyan Sunderman commented  · 

My vote is to NOT add this feature. Dates and times change. If something needs a specific time, plan it using your Outlook calendar.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I'm amazed that more people don't consider this a must have. Surely the teams at Flow use their own app and can see the benefit? No???

• Anonymous commented  · 

Since this is clearly something of interest to users and scheduling tasks, in addition to appointments & meetings, is a basic tenet of effective time management and productivity, would you share with us why you won't reconsider the requests for this feature?

• Anonymous commented  · 

We're adding the start time to the end of a task title due to necessity, but it is less than ideal.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I can't see why this wouldn't be a feature and a top feature request. If this isn't available by mid-year, we're moving to Trello.

• Anonymous commented  · 

A business relies on tasks being executed in time. Tasks that can only be assigned for "that day" is not enough control.

Also: what is the point in having a calendar if tasks don't have a due date? I see that they are just "all-day-events", which is very bad.

• ScottScott commented  · 

Would be helpful for nonprofits that work with lots of volunteers who have limited amount of time available and choose tasks from a project list. Would also dovetail well with your plans to allow a non-assignable task. Would help people know what to do.

• Mohammad SalehMohammad Saleh commented  · 

absolutely needed, specially for the calendar structure. I sync my calendar with iCal and all the Flow tasks are an all-day kind of task which push me to go use iCal calendar to duplicate Flow calendar's tasks but with a specific time. This is a basic necessity in project management, precise times schedule. change the status to Planned, Planned, Planned...... in processsssssss.....!!!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Sure would like to see to assign both a due time and an expected work time.

• ADAD commented  · 

Let's get some time flowing, Flow team!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base