How could we improve Flow?

Additional ways to filter and sort by tag

Flow would benefit from a way to view tags more effectively than either version.

Is there a reason that it can't sit in the sidebar as a navigation item? That then takes you to all tags and the number of tasks assigned to them and you can then select a tag?
A bit like Evernote.

132 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AleemAleem shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    not planned  ·  Cyrus MolaviCyrus Molavi responded  · 

We don’t have plans to expand on the tagging functionality. That said, we won’t rule it out. Keep voting and commenting with how you work and what problem you’re aiming to solve with this. It all helps!

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AlexAlex commented  · 

Sort by Tag needed, won't add clutter.

• BenBen commented  · 

Any update on this Flowpeople?

• Aryn KellyAryn Kelly commented  · 

Please... FLOW is SO awesome I have turned so many people and teams on to it. But without being able to Sort by Tags is such a time waster (for our use case anyway). The drag-and-drop functionality to be able to reassign and reschedule tasks is exceptional... but there's no way to do it between tags so it requires every task to be touched individually anyway. Anyway, just hoping this feature won't fall off the radar. It would be SUCH an amazing improvement to an already amazing product.

Sort by list
        Sort by due date
        Sort by person
        Sort by tag (PLEASE!)

Would so love to be able to sort by Tags, as you currently can sort by person, manually, or due date. Then the amazing drag and drop function could be used to quickly reassign tags between tasks. For instance, changing the tags of multiple tasks from "review" to "feedback" to indicate where that task is in the development process. I know I'm a broken record, but this is really the only workflow hiccup in this otherwise incredible amazing program!

• AlisonAlison commented  · 

I agree with the posters comments. I currently have several groups with lists. Each item in a list has tags. Sometimes the tags span the lists. Currently I can go to a list and filter by tag but there's no place to see a master list of tags. If you are worried about clutter, why not just make it a tag icon that brings you to a list of tags, whereupon you can click and see all the tasks under that tag. That would be life changing for me! Currently I have to work around so many lists to find things.

Redesign is great but still no way to filter by tags? PLEASE....this was so awesome in the original Flow deployment and is hugely missed....

• Dan SullivanDan Sullivan commented  · 

I'm new here, but...duh... need to see the tags. They can function like non-exclusive lists.

Right now I'd be likely to build a redundant list because I can't see what's there already.

Yes I really miss the ability to view all tasks with a certain tag, as in the current live version of Flow. Additionally it would be great to have a way to clear all tags.

Use case is this:
        Various tasks are completed and then tagged as ready for review. Then the manager can view all tasks tagged ready for review, and then either tag approved or revise. It would be great to be able to clear tags first so that you don't have to go in one task at a time to change the tags.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Being able to show tags in 'sections', with the tag as the header, would be nice. Similar to the way projects are shown when looking at an entire folder. For us, sorting by Project, then Tag, would be helpful.

• BenBen commented  · 

Being able to select from a list of existing tags would be great - at the moment there's a fair bit of guesswork.

• ToddTodd commented  · 

Also, there's no way to know what the possible tags are, which is vitally important for subscribers who did not create the tasks.

• AleemAleem commented  · 

Flow would benefit from a way to view tags more effectively than either version.

Is there a reason that it can't sit in the sidebar as a navigation item? That then takes you to all tags and the number of tasks assigned to them and you can then select a tag?
        A bit like Evernote.

• ToddTodd commented  · 

The added filtering options are quite nice. But what I meant was users may NOT know what they're looking for. Previously a menu showing all tags would appear making it easy to find tagged content for those who didn't create the tags.

Feedback and Knowledge Base