How could we improve Flow?

Additional ways to filter and sort by tag

Flow would benefit from a way to view tags more effectively than either version.

Is there a reason that it can't sit in the sidebar as a navigation item? That then takes you to all tags and the number of tasks assigned to them and you can then select a tag?
A bit like Evernote.

147 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Aleem shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    not planned  ·  Cyrus Molavi responded  · 

We don’t have plans to expand on the tagging functionality. That said, we won’t rule it out. Keep voting and commenting with how you work and what problem you’re aiming to solve with this. It all helps!

18 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dave commented  · 

Having a place to see all the tags would be useful for our marketing department. Even more useful would be having tag taxonomy to keep things standard.

• Braden commented  · 

I see this is critical. I am (probably was now) in the process of implementing Flow and outside being able to work offline I was pretty impressed, however this is a deal breaker. The whole point of a good project tool is efficiency and these days it is more common to work across multiple projects, organisations, even domains so an ability to view your work by context or tag becomes critical to efficiency. I'd have thought saving custom views based on each persons desired criteria would be a must these days. Unfortunately I must have misread/misunderstood the filters could be saved.

For what it is worth I reviewed around 10 apps over the last couple of weeks and custom views or saved searches/filters is in all them bar this and one other (well the other was very clunky so may as well not have been there).

• Ben commented  · 

Tags need some love Flow People...
        They are a little too bolted on at the moment - I want to be able to use them to create my own workflows and processes - but they're hidden away. Some form of sorting, searching and LISTING the tags would be lovely. (also... sort of related... save favourite search and put it on the sidebar ).

I'm trying to solve the problem of horizontal information slicing.

Projects provide a vertical view (all tasks in a given subject), but I especially want to be able to view all tasks to be performed in a particular area/location/with a tool.

This then allows tasks to be looked at in the context of what I'm doing at that point in time. I've logged a request about this elsewhere, but including here as it's something that I really want :)

E.g. I run a business that has multiple locations:
        1) Office
        2) Shop
        3) Warehouse
        I may be running a project which is about developing, manufacturing, marketing and sending out a new product.
        In order to complete that project, I have some tasks that can only be done at the warehouse, some that can only be done at the office, etc. - and perhaps throw in "Online" because I have a done that can only be done using a computer online. Depending on where I am I want to see the tasks that I can do right now. Without this, I have to conceptually move UP the project chain and across and then DOWN to the tasks- I just want a list of what I can do right now with what I have.

• Alex commented  · 

Sort by Tag needed, won't add clutter.

• Ben commented  · 

Any update on this Flowpeople?

• Aryn Kelly commented  · 

Please... FLOW is SO awesome I have turned so many people and teams on to it. But without being able to Sort by Tags is such a time waster (for our use case anyway). The drag-and-drop functionality to be able to reassign and reschedule tasks is exceptional... but there's no way to do it between tags so it requires every task to be touched individually anyway. Anyway, just hoping this feature won't fall off the radar. It would be SUCH an amazing improvement to an already amazing product.

Sort by list
        Sort by due date
        Sort by person
        Sort by tag (PLEASE!)

Would so love to be able to sort by Tags, as you currently can sort by person, manually, or due date. Then the amazing drag and drop function could be used to quickly reassign tags between tasks. For instance, changing the tags of multiple tasks from "review" to "feedback" to indicate where that task is in the development process. I know I'm a broken record, but this is really the only workflow hiccup in this otherwise incredible amazing program!

• Alison commented  · 

I agree with the posters comments. I currently have several groups with lists. Each item in a list has tags. Sometimes the tags span the lists. Currently I can go to a list and filter by tag but there's no place to see a master list of tags. If you are worried about clutter, why not just make it a tag icon that brings you to a list of tags, whereupon you can click and see all the tasks under that tag. That would be life changing for me! Currently I have to work around so many lists to find things.

Redesign is great but still no way to filter by tags? PLEASE....this was so awesome in the original Flow deployment and is hugely missed....

• Dan Sullivan commented  · 

I'm new here, but...duh... need to see the tags. They can function like non-exclusive lists.

Right now I'd be likely to build a redundant list because I can't see what's there already.

Yes I really miss the ability to view all tasks with a certain tag, as in the current live version of Flow. Additionally it would be great to have a way to clear all tags.

Use case is this:
        Various tasks are completed and then tagged as ready for review. Then the manager can view all tasks tagged ready for review, and then either tag approved or revise. It would be great to be able to clear tags first so that you don't have to go in one task at a time to change the tags.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Being able to show tags in 'sections', with the tag as the header, would be nice. Similar to the way projects are shown when looking at an entire folder. For us, sorting by Project, then Tag, would be helpful.

• Ben commented  · 

Being able to select from a list of existing tags would be great - at the moment there's a fair bit of guesswork.

• Todd commented  · 

Also, there's no way to know what the possible tags are, which is vitally important for subscribers who did not create the tasks.

• Aleem commented  · 

Flow would benefit from a way to view tags more effectively than either version.

Is there a reason that it can't sit in the sidebar as a navigation item? That then takes you to all tags and the number of tasks assigned to them and you can then select a tag?
        A bit like Evernote.

• Todd commented  · 

The added filtering options are quite nice. But what I meant was users may NOT know what they're looking for. Previously a menu showing all tags would appear making it easy to find tagged content for those who didn't create the tags.

Feedback and Knowledge Base