How could we improve Flow?

Completely hide the "Add a project description" section

The "Add a project description" is taking a lot of space and is unnecessary for me. On the web version you can "Hide details" but it only slides to the left. On the mac app the "Hide details" doesn't work at all. Suggestion: Hide completely that section.

14 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    started  ·  AdminRose (Web Team Lead, Flow) responded  · 

Hi! If you haven’t already, we encourage you to check out the new Flow Beta – we’ve made a change to project descriptions there to completely hide them and keep them hidden :) If you’re interested in trying out the beta, instructions on how to become a beta user are here: https://www.getflow.com/support/account/flow-beta and instructions on how to see the new Flow and a quick overview of what has changed can be found here: https://www.getflow.com/guides/new-flow-beta

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Trace commented  · 

Agreed, waste of screen real estate...

• Alan commented  · 

I don't mind the project description so much (though, I don't really use it). However, while there is a button to hide the details, it doesn't seem there is a way to automatically hide it all the time, consequently every time I go into a project when I log in, I have to hide the details. I agree with the others as well, that the interface design could be better, in that the project description maybe have show in the list of projects (or mouse over), but it seems to take up a lot of real estate for something you usually read at most once.

• Andrew commented  · 

Totally agree. This is a major interface glitch if you want to use Kanban view (which I do). I don't think Flow should advertise itself as providing a Kanban approach to project management when the interface is so poorly thought out.
        It's only when trying to set up projects for my team to use that I am finding that these 'minor' interface shortcomings becoming deal breakers. I know my team and external partners will have difficulty with such idiosyncrasies...

• Anonymous commented  · 

Could you make the "hide details" for the project description not open again on scroll? When I hide the details, it sort of remembers that when I revisit which is good. The issue is (especially on smaller screens like laptops) is that your UI is based on horizontal scrolling for Kanban boards, so very naturally the imprecision of scrolling means I'm always re-opening the project details. It gets very annoying.

Feedback and Knowledge Base