How could we improve Flow?

Task status and status transitions like Redmine, Jira

We use Redmine for developing software, and there's a possibility to design task statuses, transitions, etc.

Flow is missing this great feature and it would be totally acceptable if we had at least some fixed task statuses, like

Open
In Progress
Done

20 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Vladimir shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    not planned  ·  AdminJessie Jones (Customer Support, Flow) responded  · 

Hey there! This isn’t on our roadmap for the foreseeable future, but another option that might tie you over for now is Kanban/sections. Using Kanban/project sections, you can actually create the statuses that each of the tasks in your project must move through before the project can be completed. These articles has a few will walk you through these two views:

https://www.getflow.com/support/projects/sections/
    https://www.getflow.com/support/projects/using-kanban/

Hope this helps in the meantime!

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Daniel commented  · 

This would be very useful for us! Please use that black magic of yours to force zeros and ones to make it so!

• Phil C commented  · 

Would REALLY be useful, and I suggest you push this feature add ot the top of your list. I believe that not only our team would really use that feature, and I think having this added value you might find increases your subscribers by quite a bit.

That is a necessary missing feature considering the detailed tasks our team and others tend to add on and organization plugin like Flow. Thanks - keep up the good work & we really appreciate the back and forth communication we've already received from the Flow growth team. Awesome!

Feedback and Knowledge Base