How could we improve Flow?

Themes

While I find the current blue/white Flow theme to be very simple, it might be nice to provide alternative color schemes (still clean and slick, though, of course). Or, maybe allow users to set their own colors to certain parts of the app using specific color codes (e.g., sidebar background #FFFFFF).

46 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Andrew shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    not planned  ·  Cyrus Molavi responded  · 

No plans for this one. Hey, who knows, maybe we’ll work this in during an exploratory hack day.

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jason commented  · 

Agreed, take all my votes - Dark mode or way to increased contrast would be a great improvement. Like some of the comments below it is borderline a deal breaker how hard some things are to see.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Serious Up-vote for dark mode: it is easier on my eyes to read white text on black, especially when working in dark environments, which happens often for me. Eye fatigue is real.

• Andy Freist commented  · 

This is a must have for me. I set all my app UI's to dark mode, and in many cases will not use an app unless it provides this feature. A simple "dark mode" would be more than sufficient :)

• Rob commented  · 

As silly as it sounds, this was almost a dealbreaker for me. My eyes are sensitive to monitor backlighting so I have almost all interfaces I use set to "night mode". It really helps reduce eye fatigue and strain regardless of sensitive eyes or not. Would really like to see something like this implemented in the near future.

• peter commented  · 

Yes a way to increase contrast and font size would be apprciated

• Anonymous commented  · 

Agree, some of our users find that the white background and light grey boxes are making the product difficult to use.

• Charles Moore commented  · 

Agree. Nothing wrong with the only existing theme, but you could build in a way for users to modify it. Alternately, provide hooks for 3rd-party devs to create a Chrome extension that can safely mod the colors of key containers / elements.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Would love the option to define own color theme

Feedback and Knowledge Base